In 1853, St. Matthew’s was organized and the present site of our church at 131 Flax Mill Rd. in Conestogo was purchased for $1.00. The first church, a frame structure, was erected that year.
In 1892, a new church was built and the old one torn down as the congregation was outgrowing it’s current church.
In 1963, a new fellowship hall, kitchen and pastor’s office was added to the church.
On August 16, 2003, the church had a major fire that damaged the organ and caused smoke damage to the church and basement. Work was done to restore the building and a new addition was added to the church with a library, meeting room, 2 offices, foyer, narthex and elevator. On, September 11, 2005 the new addition was dedicated.